PHOTON® – Reduce Environmental Stress and
- Photon increases grower returns by helping crops remain productive under adverse environmental conditions, including heat, cold, drought, excess radiation and salinity.
- A blend of dicarboxylic acids, Photon stimulates key stress sensing enzymes in plants so they are prepared to react quickly and effectively to environmental stresses.
- This product is rain-fast and remains effective for several weeks to a month, after which it becomes inert. Targeted applications are effective in row crops such as corn, soybeans, cereals, canola and many others.
PHOTON® USE DIRECTIONS
- For foliar applications, please see our use rate guide below. Foliar
applications should be made in sufficient water volume for adequate
- Always read product labels for directions before using any products.
Screen™ Duo is an effective solution for reducing losses from sunburn and heat stress in crops.
Sunburnt fruit due to excess heat and light can reduce saleable yields by up to 50 percent, and average losses in some varieties are in the 20 percent range.
With Screen Duo’s innovative technology, growers can:
- Reduce flower abortion
- Maintain fruit set
- Increase yield of red tomatoes
- Increase Brix
- Provide more uniform ripening
TREATMENT CAN ALSO IMPROVE CROP WATER STATUS
By reducing canopy temperature, the amount of water used for cooling by evapotranspiration is reduced. See Water Savings for details on recent test results.
Screen™ Duo: The Science
Screen™Duo Treatment brings two modes of action to protection crops from environmental stress:
- Applications form a particle film that protects crops from damaging heat and radiation.
- Activates the crop’s inherent protective mechanisms against damaging reactive oxygen species (ROX, free radicals), reducing photoinhibition and increasing protective biochemistry – meaning less cellular damage.
These modes of action provide duo-treated crops with more energy and grow larger fruit. Permanent damage, manifested as sunburn damage is also greatly reduced.
Screen Duo provides more energy for crop growth.
SCREEN™ DUO Use Directions
- Unless otherwise specified in crop instructions, use 1.25 to 5.0 kg of
Screen Duo per 100 L of water, with sufficient spray volume to obtain thorough near drip coverage.
- Two or more applications may be required for complete coverage.
- Apply an additional spray if coverage is insufficient, but avoid excessively thick coatings.
- Do not apply: if crops will not be washed, waxed, or otherwise treated to
remove any objectionable white residue.
Application and Timing
Depending on application timing Screen Duo provides multiple benefits.
- Late applications at canopy collapse protect fruit from excess heat and light, reducing loss due to sunburn by 50 percent or more
- Low rate (5-10 kg/ha) application beginning at flowering provides improvements including reduction in flower abortion, fruit drop and increased yield.
- Season-long application at 5-10 kg/ha (lbs/A), beginning just prior to crop flowering requires continued applications to maintain a visible film on plants (about every 7 to 10 days).
FOR SUNBURN REDUCTION:
Apply product at 50 kg/ha when fruit is half to two-thirds the final size, and repeat application at 35 kg/h to maintain coverage of expanding fruit, approximately every 14 days.
Apply in sufficient volume to provide complete coverage, but not to runoff.